Sunday, May 10, 2009

Month in Review

So it's been over a month since my last post. I guess I just haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately. But here is what we've been up to for the past few weeks.
In early April our kitties, Sox and Patches, turned 15 years old! I've had them since I was 13!
We love them to death!


My Mom came to visit us for a week in April. We had tons of fun while she was here. We started to miss her the moment she left.



Nicole loves her Grandma!



Easter fun!



A trip to the Aquarium


A walk to the falls.
(With a little girl who finds it very hard to hold still)

And here is a health update:

For those of you who don't know, when I was 21 I was diagnosed with Osteopenia. I attempted to take medication to help build some bone density back but the medication gave me throat ulcers! Ouch! So I just started taking calcium and vitamin D supplements, but not very consistently. With several years passing and having a baby(which pulls even more calcium from your body) I decided to get a second bone density scan to see whether I was worse, the same, or better. Unfortunately I am worse, but just slightly. So I've made the decision to really get serious about taking my calcium and vitamin D supplements, about 200% DV everyday, and trying to do specific exercises for my hips. I really hope over the next couple of years I am able to build some bone density back. Wish me luck!

This shows where my bones currently stand:


P.S.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Jeannette Cain said...

And I love my Granddaughter Nicole.... :-)

kelsey said...

Looks like you guys had fun when your mom came! Glad you are going to start taking your vitamins. I hope that they do what they need to do!