Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to a great Dad and husband, Dave!
He works very hard to allow me to stay home and raise our little girl. When he gets home from work he helps take care of Nicole and Zaiden, when he's here, and helps clean up. On the weekends he's always working on the house or in the yard and cooking meals. Nicole loves playing with her dad because he's a big ball of energy(I don't know where all the energy comes from....I wish I could get some of it!).
We both love you very much!
Saturday we entered Nicole in the Orem Summerfest Baby Contest. The theme was "Babies through the ages". I thought since she likes to dance I'd make her a dance related costume, a flapper.......

She hated wearing it! As you can see she wasn't very happy as we were on our way out to the contest. She was about this happy the whole time!

Trying to get a good picture of her was pretty much impossible. This was the best one. She was chewing a piece of candy so it almost looks like she's smiling....but it's not a very good portrait.

We knew her chances of winning were slim to none with the attitude she had with the judges. And we were right, she didn't win. But that's OK....she's still the most beautiful baby in our eyes.

We did have a good time at the other events at Summerfest. Nicole really enjoyed the singers and even went to the front of the stage to dance in front of them. She can be pretty funny.

Then on Sunday we had a BBQ with Amber, Zaiden, Allen, my Dad and Dave's Dad. Nicole and Zaiden had a lot of fun playing in Nicole's new pool.

3 comments:

Angie said...

You and Dave are a great match. I wish we lived closer and we could hang out more. That pic of Nicole is sooo cute. And you MADE that dress??? You little Martha. Miss you.

kelsey said...

I love her dress! She is very cute in it! Dave seems like an awesome dad...Happy Father's Day!

Ben and Lori said...

That is so funny! Sometimes when you want them to the most they don't cooperate, but she looked really cute in that dress. Where did you get that, it's really cool.