
Well, it looks as though I was a little premature in my last posting. We thought Nicole was getting better but in fact she got worse! On Sunday her fever got so high we decided to take her to Urgent Care. When they took her temp there she was 103.2! They checked her out and said it looks like she has a sore throat / infection in the throat. We were told to give her Tylenol (which we'd been giving her) then Motrin two hours later, then Tylenol two hours later, and so on. We also began
Amoxocillin 3 times a day for 10 days. We thought she'd start to improve following that advice but Sunday night I was up with Nicole frequently because her fever kept rising to around 102. At 4 am we decided to take her to the ER. Luckily we were the only ones there and had no wait. The ER doctor did a strep test that came back negative and pretty much agreed with the other doctor about her throat. He did, however, also take a chest x-ray to see if she had Pneumonia. She does not have Pneumonia, thank goodness, but Pneumonia had began to develop in her right lung. The
Amoxocillin is supposed to clear that up as well. So we're just following the medication regimen for now and she'll be going to see her doctor on Thursday for a follow up.
Hopefully she's back to her happy and playful self soon.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that my little girl is not feel so good.
I know it gets pretty stressful at times but that's part of being a parent. Just love her, cuddle her, give her tons of ice chips to suck on, and most of all give her ever second of your time, (meaning don't worry about the house cleaning or showering... I wish I was there to help you. I Love You All Very Much.
Love Mom and Grandma
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
How scary! I am glad that she is doing better! That must have been hard to watch her be that sick.
Post a Comment