We wanted to leave a little early to avoid the traffic so we left the gardens and started walking towards the helipad where we parked. As we approached where we had parked, we both started to panic, our car was gone! We were really hoping that, for some reason, they towed our car, even though the cars next to us were still there. We both frantically looked around the area, turning circles, looking for our car, but it was no where to be found! We quickly went back to the gardens where there were two police officers and told them our car was gone! They sent another officer out to help us. The officer made us a little frustrated at first because he drove us around the parking lots asking us if we're "positive we didn't park somewhere else". After he was convinced that it had been stolen he filed the report.
And what really topped the cake was that I had left my purse in the car, on the floor in the back seat, because I didn't want to carry it around at the show. I had taken my driver's license and cash with me but all of my credit cards and my KEYS were in it! So they wouldn't have even had to hot wire the car to take it. I'll NEVER make that mistake again.
They were pretty quick to use my cards also. They put $145 on my debit/Visa, about $150 on my other Visa and $300 on our Mastercard, all at gas stations. But I got all my cards cancelled and re-newed now.
This is the second car we've had stolen now. The first time was with our Honda Civic about 4 1/2 years ago. It was stolen right out of our condo's parking lot. But they found it the next day because the ex-wife of the guy who stole it called the police on him.
I'm not sure how much luck we'll have with this car. We just have to start replacing things like a car seat, stroller, purse and, I guess, a car!
Wish us luck!

3 comments:
They are the scum of the Earth. Need to be burned in hell. Nobody deserves to have things taken away when you work so hard for them.
Don't be so angry Mom, we'll be fine....Love You
I can't even believe that you guys have had two cars stollen! I don't think those are very good odds. Next car you buy should have a super fancy alarm system. I am so sorry and I hope you find it in good shape, or get a nice new one!
Post a Comment