Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home Garden











I think one of the great things about having your own home is being able to grow our own food! Unfortunately I haven't paid much attention to our garden, so our strawberries, raspberries, and onions aren't doing very well. I think we have a snail problem back there. But our tomatoes and peppers seem to be doing great! Our pear tree is always overloaded with pears, hundreds, and we Never eat any! Last year we had a couple neighbors come over and take them all. If anyone has a good recipe with pears let me know! We also have a plum tree but we always have problems with it, which sucks because the few good ones that it produces are so yummy.
This year my focus has been on fixing up our flower beds with new shrubs and flowers and laying down garden fabric and mulch to help with weeds and grass. But next year my focus will be on the garden, I hope!

We have a couple of grape vines and they aren't quite ripe yet but Nicole insists on eating them whenever she remembers that they're there. I don't know if you know what an unripened grape tastes like but it's not very good and they're very sour! But Nicole takes a bite, cringes, and then says "Mmmm". And she'll do it over and over again. It's pretty funny.

































And, on another note, I think I have a Tom-Boy on my hands. If Nicole has a choice on what shoes to wear she always chooses her tennis shoes, not sandals. And if she chooses a hat, it's always her cap and not the sun hat. And, as you can see, she prefers to wear the hat backwards.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Eww! Unripe grapes taste really gross! I can't believe she can stand to eat them. She must like sour things. She is such a cute tomboy!

Ben and Lori said...

She is so cute! My mouth is watering thinking of sour grapes.