Some of you may already know that Nicole can be a bit of a hand full. She's an active little girl, to say the least. She was walking at 9 months and climbing everything shortly after. She has had several falls, skinned knees and arms, and bruises all over.....but now she's really done it....she fractured her left collar bone! On Monday she jumped out of her crib. She had done it once before but didn't hurt herself, it just scared her. I thought the first time taught her a lesson, I was wrong. I originally didn't think she broke anything. I thought if she broke a bone she'd be screaming in horror for hours or something. But after the fall she just cried for a few minutes and shortly after fell asleep for her nap. I began to notice that her arm/shoulder seemed to be bothering her so I took her to the doctors on Tuesday. The doctor checked her out and didn't think she broke anything either. He said she probably just bruised a muscle and she should feel better in a couple of days. Well, today rolled around and she was still pretty bothered by that arm. So I took her into the doctor again this morning to have an x-ray. Sure enough, her collar bone is slightly bent with a little fracture. But the doctor said that collar bones heal very quickly and he just put her in a little sling. But he also said that if she falls again on it before it heals it could snap! So I'm a little on nerve about her running around! She's in pretty good spirits and is still trying to be a dare devil!
Now I'm paranoid to go out with my 17 month old in a sling for fear people will think I'm a negligent mother! Just look at my poor baby girl!
My plan is to convert the crib into a little bed this weekend. No more jumping out of the crib!
2 comments:
Oh how sad! I hope that she heals quickly! No one thinks you are a bad mom...plenty of kids fall down and get hurt. I will be at my mom's on Sunday. I am excited to see you guys there!
Poor girl!!!
Post a Comment